Keratosis pilaris is a common, harmless skin condition, protects skin from infections and other harmful things
What You Can Do
You can’t prevent keratosis pilaris, but you can keep your skin moist to lessen its effects.
Some simple things can help keep your skin comfortable.
- Don’t scratch at the bumps or rub your skin roughly.
- Use warm water rather than hot for bathing and showering.
- Limit your time in the water.
- Try soap that has added oil or fat.
- Use thick moisturizers generously on the skin.
- Add moisture to the air in your home with a humidifier.