We generally know aspirin as a medicine, used to treat your headache, fever or body ache. But do you know that aspirin is also used as a good remedy for treating many skin problems? Surprising, isn’t it? Yes, this common over the counter pain reliever will do wonder which you probably don’t know about it.
Before going to the topic let’s know the amazing properties of aspirin for treating your beauty problems.
- Aspirin contains acetylsalicylic acid, a crystalline compound derived from salicylic acid. This will cleanse your clogged pores and thus reduces the risk of forming acne on the skin. It unclogs the skin pores and thus stimulates the renewal of cells.
- It exfoliates the skin to remove dead cells, dirt and other impurities to prevent many skin problems.
- It has an anti-inflammatory property that reduces the pain or swelling or puffiness on the affected skin area.
- It has beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps to soothe the skin to reduce itching, irritation, and redness on the affected skin.
- It slows down the aging by reducing wrinkles and sagging skin. Collagen helps to make your skin smooth and elastic by boosting the skin structure with its anti-inflammatory properties.
Now let’s have a look on how to use aspirin for treating some beauty problems.